Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School recognizes that a student’s educational needs are best met through a partnership among family, school administrators, faculty, and the Governing Council. The Parent Advisory Council’s mission is to build community and parent involvement through communication, information and advisement. We achieve this by:
- Advising – Executive Director on policies, instructional and budgetary issues.
- Engaging – Parents, Staff, Faculty, and the Community in the educational process.
- Providing – information and resources to parents.
The Parent Advisory Council is open to all members of the Cottonwood community and we seek your involvement. It takes the whole community to keep our school strong!
Your Parent Advisory Council currently meets on the second Monday of each month in the beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting schedule is as follows:
General Attendance Meetings:
August 10, 2020 - Welcome Back!
October 12, 2020
December 14, 2020
February 8, 2021
April 12, 2021
June 14, 2021
Core Team Meetings:
September 7, 2020
November 9, 2020
January 11, 2021
March 8, 2021
May 10, 2021
Chair – Louis G. Papponi
Co- Chair – Jessica Kennedy
PAC Implementation Teams & Leads
School Affairs – Jessica Kennedy
Strategic Planning – Annette Rodden
Areas of focus for Implementation Teams are as follows:
- Provide venue and help facilitate support to parents and the school regarding school operations, including, but not limited to:
- Student issues (student government is the student avenue – perhaps getting a report from the Student Government on a monthly basis), anti-bullying programs, service programs, advisory activities, field trips, etc.
- School expectations (e.g., dress code, student-led conferences, discipline, study hall, advisory, IB, etc.)
- School structures (academic calendar, course offerings, extra- & co-curricular offerings)
- School procedures (Attendance, Edmodo, PowerSchool, CPS email, etc.)
- Curriculum support – accessing business personnel for mentorships, job-shadowing, panels for student presentations, etc. (Liaison between Students and Staff)
- Participate in CCPS overall strategic planning process
- Serve as the PAC Strategic Planning Liaison/Representative to all CCPS constituent groups
- Ensure PAC provides input into the CCPS overall Strategic Plan
If you have questions or comment, please email Louis G. Papponi (PAC Chair) at email@example.com or please fill out our information form HERE.
Louis G. Papponi
CCPS PAC Chair