Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School recognizes that a student’s educational needs are best met through a partnership among family, school administrators, faculty, and the Governing Council. The Parent Advisory Council’s mission is to build community and parent involvement through communication, information and advisement. We achieve this by:
- Advising – Executive Director on policies, instructional and budgetary issues.
- Engaging – Parents, Staff, Faculty, and the Community in the educational process.
- Providing – information and resources to parents.
The Parent Advisory Council is open to all members of the Cottonwood community and we seek your involvement. It takes the whole community to keep our school strong!
Your Parent Advisory Council currently meets on the second Monday of each month in the school cafeteria beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting schedule is as follows:
Core Team Meetings:
August 14, 2017
October 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
General Attendance Meetings:
September 11, 2017
November 13, 2017
January 8, 2018
Chair – Louis G. Papponi
Co-Chair – Marta Bauman
Secretary – Leslie Sanchez
PAC Implementation Teams & Leads
School Affairs – Jessica Kennedy
Communications – Leslie Sanchez & Vaisu Desai Bronk
Strategic Planning – Chris Kenny
Areas of focus for Implementation Teams are as follows:
- Provide venue and help facilitate support to parents and the school regarding school operations, including, but not limited to:
- Student issues (student government is the student avenue – perhaps getting a report from the Student Government on a monthly basis), anti-bullying programs, service programs, advisory activities, field trips, etc.
- School expectations (e.g., dress code, student-led conferences, discipline, study hall, advisory, IB, etc.)
- School structures (academic calendar, course offerings, extra- & co-curricular offerings)
- School procedures (Attendance, Edmodo, PowerSchool, CPS email, etc.)
- Curriculum support – accessing business personnel for mentorships, job-shadowing, panels for student presentations, etc. (Liaison between Students and Staff)
- Promote CCPS and enhance the school’s communication internally and externally
- Website suggestions and support, newsletter contributions,
- Directing issues to appropriate staff member(s)
- Helping parents access Edmodo, PowerSchool, CCPS email
- Provide a consistent image and message on ongoing communications
- Collaborate on a variety of initiatives; School Website, Event Planning, etc.
- Collaborate with Mr. Goss – College Counselor
- Participate in CCPS overall strategic planning process
- Serve as the PAC Strategic Planning Liaison/Representative to all CCPS constituent groups
- Ensure PAC provides input into the CCPS overall Strategic Plan