Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
President: Quinn Fekete
Vice-President: Jackie Geerts
and Jenny Duff
Secretary: Eva Blazejewski
Treasurer: Davine Sanchez
Membership: Liz Titus
Bylaw Chair: David Chacon
Event Coordinator: Holly Monroney
PTO GC Representative: TBD
Lunch Program Coordinator: Erin Keener
Lunch Program Coordinator: Kelly Martin
Uniform Exchange Coordinator - Michelle Roberts
Student Liaisons - Payton Duff and Gedeon Fekete
For more information about the PTO or volunteer opportunities email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch Coordinator Volunteer Openings
PTA is currently looking for two volunteers to run the CCPS lunch program. These positions are very important, and without these volunteers our amazing lunch program would not be possible. All parents are encouraged to consider, however, due to the level of commitment, the preference would be to have parents who would be available to take this responsibility for several years. The current PTO Lunch Coordinator volunteers have students who will be graduating in the next couple of years and will help run the program with starting this summer and through the next school year as you learn the process and responsibilities.
The lunch coordinator position requires:
- Running weekly food and student reports and sending these to our vendors and volunteers. We use an online program that makes this easy. It's just important that you have the time to do this every single weekend.
- Coordinate with our vendors and determine which food items to provide in our menus and make any necessary changes.
- Work with our PTO treasurer to make sure all vendors are payed in full and on time.
- Make schedules for our volunteers, so everyone knows what days they will be handing out lunch.
- Send out reminder emails at the end of the ordering periods, to make sure parents know the deadline is coming up to place orders.
- Make any price and item changes to our menus every summer for the upcoming year.
- When we determine it's time for a new vendor, we work with new vendors to come up with menus and pricing.
- Every summer we set up the ordering periods for the upcoming year.
- Every summer we must assign students to the correct grades to ensure their lunches are delivered at the correct times.
- Answer questions from parents regarding ordering problems, etc.
Volunteers are the only way we're able to offer lunch to our CCPS students. If you are available to volunteer your time to assist with this outstanding program, please join us! Contact Erin at email@example.com if you're interested in the lunch coordinator position or have any questions.
PTO General Membership Meetings:
All meetings are being held this year by conference call at 6:30pm. Meeting dates, access code, and dial-in numbers are below:
Tuesday, August 28th, 2018
Tuesday, January 29th, 2019
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
The access code for all meetings is: 496 4656
You can join by computer by following this link, or call in using your phone:
United States: +1 218-339-7800
United States: +1 605-562-0400
Our PTO now has our very own Google Classroom page. This is where we will be posting things like our meeting minutes, the treasurer report, and questions/polls for our membership. To join the class, you will need to sign in to Google Classroom using your STUDENT’s CCPS email. Then join using class code: sla51bi
*Meeting minutes are available upon request*
For further information about events and how to volunteer, please contact the PTO Event Coordinator, Holly Monroney.
- Friday, August 3rd, 2018; 4:00 - 6:00pm
Teacher Luncheons & Hosts
- Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 - 12th- & 11th-grade classes
- Thursday, January 10th, 2019 - 10th- & 9th-grade classes
- Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 - 8th- & 7th-grade classes
- Friday, May 3rd, 2019 - 6th-grade class & PTO
Student Events with PTO Support:
- Saturday, October 20th, 2018; 4:00 - 7:00pm
Make-A-Wish Winter Stroll
- Friday, December 7, 2018; time 5:30 - 8:30 PM
PTO General Meeting Updates:
1. Our PTO now has our very own Google Classroom page. This is where we will be posting things like our meeting minutes, the treasurer report, and questions/polls for our membership. To join the class, you will need to sign in to Google Classroom using your STUDENT’s CCPS email. Then join using class code: sla51bi
2. David Chacon and Davine Sanchez are representing the PTO as parent members for the Executive Search committee. They are looking for YOUR input into what you would want a potential candidate for our new Executive Director to be asked in interviews. There is an open question on the Google Classroom page for you to submit your questions.
3. We are right on track as far as budget goes. Second semester is where we see the majority of our expenses.
4. We are in need of a few parents to serve as our nomination committee for PTO board officers for next year. The duties of this committee is to talk to interested individuals and make recommendations/nominations for the 2019-2020 PTO board. All positions are open; we do have a couple positions that MUST be replaced due to bylaw requirements. Those are Treasurer and Bylaws Chair. We are also looking for parents who would be interested in learning the Lunch Program Coordinator role. If you are interested in any of the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org